Centre has asked the Assam government to prepare itself for Covid-19 vaccination programme between January and July next year.
Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Tuesday said that a few meetings were held through video conferencing recently, in which Centre focused more on the vaccination process.
“The central government has informed us that frontline workers and people above 60 will be given priority in the vaccination programme. We have been asked to be ready from January to July for the vaccination,” Sarma said.
The minister further said that the central government is expecting to get Covid-19 vaccine from six to seven sources and the vaccination drive will be carried out with a “mix” vaccine.
- Northeast to be developed as India’s bio-economic hub: Jitendra Singh
- Sikkim logs 27 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- IIT-Delhi to offer BTech course in Energy Engineering from 2021 academic session
- Liquor worth Rs 720 crore sold in Bengal during Durga Puja
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat