Guwahati: Senior Assam Police officer and Superintendent of Police (SP), FRRO, Barpeta Kumar Sanjit Krishna, whose alleged involvement in the state police SI recruitment case has come to light in the Central Investigation Department (CID) investigation, has appeared before the police at the Assam Police headquarters in Ulubari on Thursday.
A special team of CID has also reached the headquarters of Assam police to initiate further proceedings against the officer of Assam police in connection to the case.
Sanjit Krishna had been allegedly absconding since Tuesday after he was interrogated by CID for his alleged connection in the cash-for-jobs scam.
The state home department had earlier given its consent to CID, Assam to initiate proceedings for the arrest of SP Kumar Sanjit Krishna and additional SP, Karimganj, Prasanta Dutta.
The CID investigation has reportedly revealed the nexus between former deputy inspector general (DIG) of Assam police PK Dutta, suspended BJP leader Diban Deka, Kumar Sanjit Krishna, ASP Prasanta Dutta, and a group of brokers who jointly conspired in the Assam Police SI recruitment scam.
The CID conducted raids at officer Sanjit Krishna’s residence at Kachari Basti and ASP Dutta’s house at Six Mile in Guwahati on Wednesday in search of evidence connecting them to the case.
Interestingly, Kumar Sanjit Krishna, who was serving as the SP of Karimganj, was transferred as the SP of Barpeta Foreigner Regional Registration Offices (FRRO) in a reshuffle within the police administration on October 11.
- IPL 2021: Commentators’ traditional outfits set off meme-gala
- Islamic State claims mosque bombing in south Afghanistan
- Dravid ‘The Wall’ returns: Team India in best hands say fans
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 16
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 16
- Manipur woman found dead in Gurgaon under mysterious circumstances