Kohima: The security forces have arrested the prime accused of the grenade lobbying incident that took place at the Dhansiri Assam Rifles camp in Dimapur.
PRO IGAR (N) on Wednesday informed that the Assam Rifles (AR) cracked on the perpetrators and apprehended the prime suspect of Grenade lobbing incident that took place during the early hours on October 10.
The arrested person is identified as Self Styled Lieutenant Hupeto Aye of the NSCN (K-Nikki Sumi). The cadre has been apprehended near his residence at Purana Bazar on Sunday.
9 mm Pistol and three live rounds were recovered from his possession. According to the AR, the arrested person has admitted to committing the crime on orders of NSCN (K-Nikki) Faction.
“Assam Rifles made it very clear, by nabbing the culprit within 36 hours of crime, that no faction/organization attempting to derail NPA or disturb the peace of Dimapur town will be spared at any cost,” said the AR statement.
The apprehended person along with the recovered items was handed over to East Police Station, Dimapur for further investigation.
- Assam swimmer breaks 12-year national record in 100m butterfly
- Manipur celebrates Mera Houchongba, marks day of solidarity
- Meghalaya by-polls: Independent Esron Marweiñ says farmers his top priority
- NEIPDA calls for 48-hr petrol pump closure in Guwahati
- Flood: Central team visits Assam to assess damages; state seeks funds
- Priyanka Gandhi stopped by UP police from going to Agra, taken to police lines