Imphal: Six persons succumbed to COVID-19 in Manipur on Wednesday, the highest fatality in a single day. The death toll in the state has jumped to 103.
The latest victims include one female (40) and five male, aged 49, 50, 73 (2) and 88 years.
The victims were from Imphal West, Imphal East, Thoubal, Kangpokpi and Tamenglong districts and expired at RIMS, JNIMS, Shija and District Hospital Tamenglong, respectively, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
Meanwhile, in the last 24 hours, another 301 fresh COVID-19 cases were reported, pushing the total confirmed cases in the state to 14,094.
The new cases were reported from the general population (281) and security personnel from the Central Armed Police Force (20). They were tested positive from 21 testing centers in the state.
Among the fresh cases from the general population, only seven were reported as returnees from Imphal West and the remaining 274 are from the locals with no significant travel history.
86 infected persons were discharged from nine COVID-19 care centers after their samples got tested negative based on the RT PCR test. The recovery rate now stands at 77.44 per cent.
So far, the total number of recovered and active cases remained as 10,915 and 3,076, respectively.
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers
- Sheriff: Alec Baldwin fired prop gun on movie set, killing woman