Guwahati: The state home department has given its consent to the Central Investigation Department (CID), Assam to initiate proceedings for the arrest of superintendent of police Kumar Sanjit Krishna and additional superintendent of police (ASP), Karimganj, Prasanta Dutta. Both are wanted in connection with the Assam Police SI recruitment case.
The two police officers whose whereabouts are currently unknown are considered to be key collaborators in the question paper leak scam based on the investigation conducted by the CID into the case, as per reports.
The CID investigation has revealed the nexus between former deputy inspector general (DIG) of Assam police PK Dutta, suspended BJP leader Diban Deka, a senior officer of Assam police Kumar Sanjit Krishna, ASP Prasanta Dutta, and a bunch of brokers who jointly conspired in the Assam Police SI recruitment scam.
The CID conducted raids at officer Sanjit Krishna’s residence at Kachari Basti and ASP Dutta’s house at Six Mile in Guwahati on Wednesday in search of evidence connecting them to the case.
Interestingly Sanjit Krishna, who was serving as the SP of Karimganj was transferred as the SP of Barpeta Foreigner Regional Registration Offices (FRRO) in a reshuffle within the police administration on October 11.
- Hunt for coronavirus variants: how the new one was found and what we know
- Tripura: 3-tier security for counting day, CPIM announces boycott
- Guwahati minor girl’s bravery, quick thinking foils kidnap bid
- Cannot be in situation where it is difficult to implement laws: Rijiju
- ICC calls off Women’s World Cup Qualifier over new COVID-19 variant
- Families stuck after sudden decision to ban flights to and from South Africa