A four-year-old was allegedly raped by her relative on Tuesday, in Sasni, in Uttar Pradesh’s Hathras.
The police said that the accused has been arrested. “A case has been registered,” circle officer Ruchi Gupta said.
The incident comes a month after a 19-year-old was allegedly gang-raped by four men in Hathras. She was rushed to a hospital in Aligarh, but shifted to Delhi for want of better medical care. The woman succumbed to her injuries in hospital days later.
The incident triggered protests across the country, and the Allahabad high court had taken suo motu cognizance of it. The state government, meanwhile, recommended the probe to be transferred to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). The request was accepted by the Union home ministry and CBI took over the investigation.
On Tuesday, a team of the agency visited the spot in Hathras where the victim of the alleged gang-rape was cremated on September 30. As part of the agency’s ongoing investigation, samples were collected from the spot.
- Two Rohingyas detained outside Army camp in Jammu
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa
- Aizawl-Shillong among six air routes flagged off in NE
- Tripura TMC members gherao police station over attack on youth leader