Kohima: The Kohima Forest Division, Working Plan Division and DMU Kohima, NFMP on Tuesday organised a condolence programme to honor CM Chang, minister for Environment, Forest & Climate Change and Justice and Law, who passed away on Monday.
An official update from Kohima Rajkumar M, Divisional Forest Officer (DFO) and DMU head, NFMP Kohima said that the fond memories of the deceased minister was remembered during the programme.
During the memorial service, Rajkumar conveyed that late CM Chang was a kind person who greeted everyone with a smile. He was a humble and fatherly figure to everyone in the department.
“He was a man who was actively involved in the activities in the Forest Department on occasions like World Environment Day and was actively involved in the successful outcome of the Nagaland Forest Management Project which is managed by the Environment (NFMP), Forest & Climate Change Department,” the officer said.
The officer also conveyed that the demise of the then minister “is a big loss not only for the Forest Department but to the entire Nagaland state”.
Kohima Range Officer, Pezaneinuo Chielie who chaired the programme said that the minister contributed vastly to the Forest Department and the society at large.
The Working Plan Officer Khellan Samom remembered Chang as a person who was humble and down to earth and that his demise is a great loss for the Naga society, and will be deeply missed.
A moment of silence was observed in honor of the departed soul. The programme concluded with a prayer by Ngampie, LDA, Kohima Forest Division.
- IPL 2021: Commentators’ traditional outfits set off meme-gala
- Islamic State claims mosque bombing in south Afghanistan
- Dravid ‘The Wall’ returns: Team India in best hands say fans
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 16
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 16
- Manipur woman found dead in Gurgaon under mysterious circumstances