Portugal football star Cristiano Ronaldo has tested positive for COVID-19. The Portuguese soccer federation confirmed the same in a statement.
The 35-year-old Juventus star will miss the UEFA Nations League game against Sweden on Wednesday.
The federation said that Cristiano’s result prompted another round of COVID-19 tests for the rest of the Portugal team with everyone else testing negative. The federation further confirmed that Ronaldo has no symptoms and he is in isolation.
The Portugal squad was scheduled to practice on Tuesday ahead of their match against Sweden in Lisbon.
The Juventus Football club saw their shares fall as much as 6.9% in Milan trading the the news of Ronaldo testing positive broke.
The five-time world player of the year, Ronaldo was last seen in action when Portugal and France faced off against each other in the UEFA Nations League on Sunday.
Portugal remains in the top in Group 3 of League A, ahead of France on goal difference, with both the teams on seven points each.
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers
- Sheriff: Alec Baldwin fired prop gun on movie set, killing woman