Guwahati: With thousands of new COVID-19 cases getting reported across the country each day, there is also a corresponding demand for plasma. To help bridge this gap, Arsaviva Technologies Pvt Ltd (ATPT) has developed a new mobile app called ‘Plassama’, which will connect plasma recipient and donors.
Made in Assam, the app is the brainchild of Vishal Kumar More, Chief Operating Office, ATPT and Nikhil Agarwal, chief technology officer, ATPT, both from Guwahati.
Emotionally, the product relates to the state as the app has been named ‘Pl-assam-a’.
Speaking with EastMojo, Vishal said that app matches those who have a plasma requirement with the nearest plasma donor available.
People who need plasma for themselves or for someone they known, can register on the app and place a request, and smart algorithm matches them with the nearest donor.
It also helps navigate to the nearest plasma donation centre.
Talking about Plassama, Vishal said that the app is for social purpose, it is a non-profit initiation. We haven’t even put up ads, as we do not want to generate money. “Even if we can help one or two people, our purpose is served,” he added.
Plassama App has already been launched for Android on October 10, and will soon be out for iOS as well.
- Mizoram reports 790 new COVID cases, positivity rate at 9%
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 26
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for October 26
- Scindia flags off first Dibrugarh-Shillong direct flight
- Myanmar skips ASEAN summit after its military ruler shut out
- Lack of skills biggest barrier in digital learning: OUP study