Kohima: The NSCN-Reformation on Monday called on the new chairman of the Ceasefire Monitoring Group (CFMG)/Ceasefire Supervisory Board (CFSB) Lt Gen (Retd) Amarjeet Singh Bedi, at Chumukedima Police Complex.
An official update from the group’s MIP said that during the “courtesy” meet, no agendas were discussed. However, both parties agreed in principle to continue to maintaining the sanctity of the Ceasefire Ground Rules (CFGR).
The group said that Bedi is a decorated army officer and an experienced individual who is familiar and well versed with the Nagas and other North East issues.
Both sides exuded “optimism and confidence” to work in co-ordination that pertains to any of Ceasefire issues, and to also keep a check and sort out any inadvertent errors that may arise from both the Security Forces and the NSCN.
The NSCN (R) was represented by Amento Chishi, CFSB Supervisor of the group and the members, Amento Chophi, Muzuvoyi Puro, Mughato Chophi and Inaki Zhimomi.
Bedi was appointed on September 11 by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and took charge as the new chairman on September 28.
- 89th anniversary of first flight, group says filled with JRD Tata’s spirit of adventure
- ASEAN to exclude Myanmar’s leader from summit in key rebuke
- Gujarat: 8-year-old girl mauled to death by lions in Amreli
- Nagaland former minister Kihoto Hollohon breathes his last, CM condoles demise
- MS Dhoni becomes first in world cricket to captain in 300 T20 games
- India at the 2021 T20 World Cup: Matches, timings and venues