Kohima: Nagaland’s incumbent environment minister CM Chang passed away on Monday at Naga Hospital Authority, Kohima. He was 78.
The reason for his death was not yet known.
MLA from Noksen(Tuensang) constituency, Chang was a retired IAS officer and former Member of Parliament from Nagaland.
Chang serving as the Environment, Forest & Climate Change and Justice & Law minister in the state cabinet, was a member of Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP) since 2018.
Abu Metha, advisor of CM of Nagaland took to Twitter to share the news. He wrote, “Condolences on the demise of Mr. CM Chang. He was a retired IAS officer, a former LokSabha MP and a serving minister in the Nagaland Govt. Forthright, respected and always a gentleman. He will be missed. A huge vacuum has been created. RIP.”
Nagaland MP Tokheho Yepthomi also shared the news on Twitter. “Deeply saddened by the passing of Shri CM Chang, Minister, Nagaland. He served the people and our State as a Govt official and went on to serve as MLA. A valued colleague during our tenure together in the NLA. Condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.”
- India’s border policy changed for good after Modi became PM: Pema Khandu
- Arunachal CM Khandu lauds Indian Army at India-Tibet border
- India criticises China for new land border law
- Nagaland: Dobashis ask CM to constitute customary courts
- Pegasus snooping row: Press freedom important pillar of democracy, says SC
- Washington orders Chinese phone carrier out of US market