Large parts of Mumbai faced a major power outage on Monday morning, severely impacting the lives of Mumbaikars. Some of the areas impacted by the blackout are Bandra, Juhu, Panvel, Thane, Navi Mumbai, Andheri, among others.
Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport (BEST) Electricity tweeted, “The electric supply is interrupted due to TATAs incoming electric supply failure.”
It further informed that due to Grid failure at Padgha – Kalwa there is total failure of electricity in Mumbai, adding that restoration work is in progress.
Maharashtra’s power minister Nitin Raut tweeted on the situation, he said, “Mumbai-Thane-Kalyan power failure is being attended to. Kalwa- padgha transmissions line got tripped, hence Thane- Palghar, New Mumbai power is off. Consequently, cascading the power failure to Mumbai-Thane & Mumbai suburban city. It will be restored in approximately an hour.”
The blackout has created chaos in the financial capital locals operating only for essential workers at present, were affected. Central Railway tweeted, “Mumbai Suburban trains on CR held up due to grid failure. We will update ASAP. Kindly bear with us.”
In the meantime, five Western Railway long distance trains have been rescheduled.
- Nagaland: 13 cops under investigation for misappropriation of gold bars
- First female head of Japan labour lobby vows to empower women
- CISF apologises to actor after she is asked to remove prosthetic limb at airport
- 2 of family killed in lightning strike in Bengal
- AASU stages protest against fuel price hike in Assam
- As virus cases rise, so do pleas for Russians to get vaccine