The Gujarat Police have arrested a 16-year old boy from the Kutch region in Gujarat in relation to a case, where former Indian cricket captain MS Dhoni’s daughter Ziva Dhoni received online abuses and rape threats, following Chennai Super Kings(CSK)’ loss to Kolkata Knight Riders(KKR) on October 7, in the ongoing Indian Premier League.
CSK’s players were hurled with abuses online, after they faced a defeat of 10 runs against the KKR, and threats were made to assault and rape CSK skipper MS Dhoni’s 5-year-old daughter Ziva Dhoni.
Screenshots of the abuses were shared by multiple users on social media condemning the act, and former cricketers also condemned this totally shameful act from irate fans.
Now, reportedly the police authorities in Gujarat have arrested a 16-year-old boy, who has confessed to have issued rape threats on social media. The 12th standard student will reportedly be handed over to the Ranchi police.
Earlier, the Jharkhand government had already tightened the security at MS Dhoni’s residence in Ranchi, following the online abuses and threats.
Back in 2007, Dhoni’s under-construction house in Harmu was vandalized post India’s knock-out from the ICC World Cup 2007.
Currently, CSK are in a spot of bother in the ongoing season of the Indian Premier League, with just two wins from seven games, and the fans are not happy with the franchise’s performance in the tournament.
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry
- Assam Jobs: KGBV Baksa announces teacher vacancies. Details here