Guwahati: In a sensational development in Assam Police SI recruitment case, name of Kumar Sanjit Krishna, an SP-level police officer, has allegedly come to the limelight. Sources allege that Kumar Sanjit Krishna is now absconding to evade arrest.
Amid media reports that an SP-level police officer is likely to be arrested soon in the case, Krishna has now been transferred as the superintendent of police (SP) of Barpeta Foreigner Regional Registration Offices (FRRO).
It is interesting to note here that the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of Assam Police has already summoned Kumar Sanjit Krishna for his alleged involvement in the case.
The Assam government, in a reshuffle within the police administration on Sunday, has transferred Sanjit Krishna, who was serving as the SP of Karimganj, to Barpeta FRRO.
The CID branch of the Assam Police has made a number of arrests in relation with the scam in the past two weeks.
After successfully apprehending the likes of former BJP youth leader Dibon Deka, former DIG PK Dutta and Saroj Sharma for their alleged involvement in the case, the state police have so far arrested 47 persons in this connection.
- New tourism policy to cater to post-COVID visitors: Ministry
- Can AI help in stopping the spread of fake news? May be not
- WHO eyes pandemic preparation as new variant emerges
- ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ gets India release date ahead of US
- NEUFC’s disappointing run continues as side loses to Chennaiyin FC
- The new Indian-origin CEO of Twitter, Parag Agrawal