Kohima: An arms manufacturer identified as Mhaikam, has been apprehended by security forces on Friday from Peren district.
According to the PRO IGAR (N), in a Major breakthrough to prevent illegal activities, the security forces apprehended Mhaikam based on specific intelligence.
One point 22 Rifle (modified), two mags, four live round, four empty cases and rifle accessories were recovered from the arrested person.
The individual along with recovered items was handed over to Jalukie Police Station.
Also Read: Digital divide: Online schooling in Nagaland amid COVID-19 pandemic
Meanwhile in another case, the security forces along with the state police recovered illegal IMFL and war-like stores from Tsumang Colony in Wokha. The PRO informed that the forces recovered IMFL worth Rs 84,300, five live rounds of point 32 mm Pistol along with a Chinese made grenade and a fake rubber stamp of Chief Medical Officer, Wokha.
The IMFL recoveries included two cases and four bottles of vodka, six cases and nine bottles of rum, one case and six cans along with four bottles of whisky.
The recovered items has been handed over to Wokha Police station.
- Resilient gorillas reveal clues about overcoming childhood misfortune
- Dalai Lama congratulates Turkiye President Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- Assam: Massive fire breaks out at Numaligarh refinery
- Meghalaya: Panel propose all-party stand on Roster system
- Guwahati: Panel to probe accident that killed 7 engineering students
- Tribal bodies demand President’s Rule in violence-hit Manipur