Imphal: A low-intensity earthquake struck Manipur and other parts of northeast India on Saturday midnight, the second such tremor in a week in the state.
The tremor measuring 5.3 on the Ritcher Scale occurred at 11:08 pm at a depth of 56 kilometers, reported by the National Center for Seismology (NCS).
As per reports, the tremors were also in parts of Assam and Meghalaya.
However, there were no reports of damage or injuries by the time of filing this report.
Earlier on October 7, an earthquake of magnitude 4.3 on the Richter scale occurred at a depth of 10 km hits Manipur’s Ukhrul district, as per the National Centre for Seismology (NCS).
- VHP stages protest in West Bengal, Assam over attacks on minorities in Bangladesh
- Northeast to be developed as India’s bio-economic hub: Jitendra Singh
- Sikkim logs 27 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- IIT-Delhi to offer BTech course in Energy Engineering from 2021 academic session
- Liquor worth Rs 720 crore sold in Bengal during Durga Puja
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM