Assam boy Riyan Parag played a brilliant match savings innings to lead his team Rajasthan Royals to victory in IPL 2020. The team were in trouble after losing 5 wickets when Riyan and Rahul Tewatia came together to put together a brilliant run chase. Tweatia hit a swashbuckling 45 supported by Parag with a supporting 42.
Riyan Parag hit a huge six in the 2nd last ball to win it for the Royals.
In his interview after the match, Riyan said, “Our Main motto was to take it deep. We decided that Rahul bhaiya would take on Rashid.”
He celebrated his win in true Assamese style, a few excellent steps of unstoppable Bihu dance.
The 85 run partnership is the second-highest unbeaten sixth-wicket stand in the IPL. Royals were struggling 5 wickets down when Riyan and Tewatia came together.
In the last over 8 runs were needed off 6 balls. With Khaleel bowling it was tense but the two batsmen showed mettle. With 2 runs needed off 2 balls, young Parag hit a full toss calmly over the covers for a six.
After the win Riyan Parag went on to celebrate with a Bihu dance, the match commentators were confused as they did not know about Assams must loved dance form. Maybe next time young Parag can teach them a few steps.
- Top seer Mahant Narendra Giri found dead at Allahabad Muth
- Nagaland: Centre earmarks Rs 20 Cr for rehabilitation of shifting cultivation
- 11 months on, mother-daughter duo in Bangladesh jail after crossing border to see tantric
- Yuvraj Singh’s NGO installs 50 CCU beds at Assam hospital
- UK begins COVID-19 vaccine rollout for schoolchildren
- India to resume export of ‘surplus’ COVID-19 vaccines