Imphal: Minister of forest, environment & climate change and sericulture Awangbow Newmai on Friday expressed gratitude to the 11 villages of Tamenglong and Tousem sub-divisions in Tamenglong district for voluntarily offering land to the government for the construction of Tamenglong-Haflong National Highway.
Newmai said that representatives of the 11 villages have given in writing, their willingness to offer land to the Government without any compensation. The villages want to contribute to the growth and development of the state, he added.
Stating that the villagers of Tamenglong and Tousem sub-divisions have set an example. The minister said that this a first in the state where people have not demanded compensation in exchange for land to the government.
The minister further said that the construction of the Tamenglong-Haflong National Highway will begin by the year-end. He also thanked the National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd (NHIDCL) which will execute the construction of the National Highway.
Villagers of Namtiram, Phellong, Azuram, Chramram, Mandeu, Tousem, Phoklong, Katangnam and Katiang under Tousem sub-division and Dailong and Old Tamenglong under Tamenglong sub-division have offered their land for the construction of the proposed National Highway.
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence