Following the untimely demise of union minister Ram Vilas Paswan on Thursday night, union railway minister Piyush Goyal has been assigned additional charge of ministry of consumer affairs, food and public distribution.
The 74-year-old leader of Lok Janshakti Party (LJP), was recuperating from heart surgery, conducted last Saturday. Paswan’s body was taken to his Delhi residence this morning. His cremation will be held in Patna, tomorrow (Saturday).
His son, Chirag Paswan informed about the death on Thursday night. He tweeted an old picture of himself with his father, and wrote, “Papa… Now you are not in this world but I know, wherever you are, you are always with me. Miss you Papa.”
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, President Ramnath Kovind, defence minister Rajnath Singh, and other political leaders went to pay last respect to the Dalit leader at his residence.
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi also paid respected to the union minister.
Paswan’s LJP is an ally in Modi’s National Democratic Alliance. Since May 26, 2014 when Modi government came into power, he held the profile as the minister of consumer affairs, food and public distribution.
- Islamic State claims mosque bombing in south Afghanistan
- Dravid ‘The Wall’ returns: Team India in best hands say fans
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 16
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 16
- Manipur woman found dead in Gurgaon under mysterious circumstances
- World Food Day 2021: History, significance & this year’s theme