Aizawl: Mizoram on Thursday reported seven new Covid-19 cases, taking the state’s tally to 2,157, an official statement said.
Of the seven fresh cases, three cases were reported from Aizawl district and 4 from Mamit district, the statement by state information and public relations department said.
All the patients aged between 22 and 60 have returned from Assam, Bihar, West Bengal and Tripura, it said.
Four of them were diagnosed during screening at border entry point and Lengpui airport while the rest three were quarantined at facilities and self paid quarantine at hotel.
All the new patients are out of danger as they are asymptomatic, it said.
At present, there are 220 active cases while 1,937 people have already recovered from the virus. The recovery rate is 89.80 per cent.
Mizoram has not reported any fatality due to Covid-19.
Altogether, 85,701 samples have been tested till Wednesday evening, according to the health department.
- Manipur woman found dead in Gurgaon under mysterious circumstances
- World Food Day 2021: History, significance & this year’s theme
- Northeast lost 5-14% of canopy cover in 20 years, Assam on top: Study
- 89th anniversary of first flight, group says filled with JRD Tata’s spirit of adventure
- ASEAN to exclude Myanmar’s leader from summit in key rebuke
- Gujarat: 8-year-old girl mauled to death by lions in Amreli