Noted industrialist Rajiv Bajaj said that his company, Bajaj Auto, has blacklisted three channels for advertisements, as the company does not endorse toxicity and hate-mongering.
During a conversation with CNBC TV18 on Thursday, Bajaj, without naming the channels said, “A strong brand is a foundation on which you build a strong business. At the of the day, the purpose of a strong business is to also contribute to the society. Our brand has never associated with anything we feel is a source of toxicity in the society.”
Bajaj said that no matter the repercussions, we can’t find it in ourselves to continue to be supportive of such a medium.
This comes after Mumbai city police chief Param Bir Singh claimed to have busted a racket to manipulate TRPs and arrested two persons. Mumbai-based channels – Republic, Fakt Marathi and Box Cinema – have been found to be manipulating and paying households to show higher television rating points (TRPs), said the commissioner.
The owners of the two Marathi channels have been arrested, the Mumbai Police told the media during the press conference. Republic TV’s founder Arnab Goswami issued a statement refuting the allegations and asked the Commissioner to apologise. He added that the channel will file criminal defamation suit against him.
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence