Guwahati: Leading folk singer, also known as Bhojpuri queen, Kalpana Patowary joins the Asom Gana Parishad (AGP), a partner in the BJP-led government in state, during a function organized at the party headquarters at Ambari here on Friday.
Soon after her joining the party in presence of senior AGP leaders, including party president and Assam agriculture minister Atul Bora, Assam food & civil supplies minister Phani Bhushan Choudhury, water resources minister Keshab Mahanta and former minister Kamala Kalita among others, the noted singer was also appointed as the brand ambassador of the party.
Addressing the meeting, she stressed on the need for people joining politics for overall development of the state.
Apart from her Assamese folk songs, Patoway also sang songs in 30 different languages over the years.
Thanking Patowary for joining the party, AGP president Atul Bora said that the party will be benefitted in the ensuing election.
In his speech, Bora also announced that Kalpana Patowary will be the brand ambassador of the AGP.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands