Guwahati: Indian Railways has decided to restore its earlier system of preparing the second reservation charts for trains from October 10, Saturday.
Railways will now prepare the second reservation chart 30 minutes before the scheduled/rescheduled departure of trains from railway stations.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the reservation chart system was modified to prepare the second chart two hours before the scheduled departure.
A release from NF Railway said, “For ensuring convenience of rail passengers, the matter has been examined and it has been decided that the second reservation chart shall be prepared at least 30 minutes before scheduled/rescheduled time of departure of train.”
“Accordingly, ticket booking facility, both online and on PRS ticket counters, shall be available, before preparation of second chart,” it added.
Earlier, the first reservation chart was prepared at least 4 hours before scheduled departure of train. Thereafter, the available accommodation could be booked across PRS counters as well as through internet on first-come-first-serve basis till preparation of second reservation charts.
Second reservation charts were prepared between 30 minutes to 5 minutes before scheduled/rescheduled time of departure of trains. Cancellation of already booked tickets was also permitted during this period as per provisions of Refund Rules.
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa
- Aizawl-Shillong among six air routes flagged off in NE
- Tripura TMC members gherao police station over attack on youth leader
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali