Guwahati: In a shocking video that has gone viral in the social media shows an old woman being dragged by two people on a motorcycle in a chain-snatching incident in which the woman can be seen being flung in the air and then rolling over on the street as the two perpetrators rode away on the bike.
The woman, identified as 68-year old Kabita Das, was on her routine morning walk on September 16 when the incident took place at around 6 am at Chandmari area here, as told by her relatives.
“She was bleeding from the back of her head, there were scratches all over her arms, we were all very scared,” said Manisha Khaund Das, daughter-in-law of the victim. She further stated that her mother-in-law had been in a state of shock for next few weeks.
An FIR was filed on the very day of the incident at Chandmari police station and the family members of Kabita Das allege that no progress has been made to bring the offenders to justice so far.
“We have been taking steps, we have been trying to identify the snatchers and the crime branch is also on the lookout for the offenders,” said Chandrakanta Boro, assistant commissioner of police (ACP), Chandmari while talking to EastMojo. It is also suspected by the police that one of the culprits whose face can been seen in the video is connected to the similar incidents that have occurred around the Chandmari area during the last couple of months.
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence