Manchester City fans woke up to a shocking Wednesday morning, as they found their favourite Premier League outfit’s official Twitter account(@ManCity) no longer available on the microblogging site.
The outfit have been accused of having a huge number of fake followers in its social media acconts. In the latest developments, the team’s Twitter handle has been suspended, after it was reportedly found to have a large number of bot followers.
While there has been no official statement from Man City after the incident, but Daily Mail sports correspondent Mike Keegan claimed that the club was aware about the development. Although Keegan failed to give a reason for the suspension of the account, he tweeted that the club is confident that it is not a hack, which he later backed by another tweet saying that the club believes it is an issue on Twitter’s end.
As of now, no clear reasons have been known as to why the account was suspended, and later on the account was restored. However, this did not stop rival fans on Twitter to have a gala time, as they trolled the Etihad team and its fans.
Manchester City also took note of the hillarious proceedings with a hillarious tweet once the account was back in function
- WATCH: Arunachal toddlers consoling fellow mate will melt your heart
- Nagaland logs 14 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Bad weather prompts Naidu to postpone Sikkim visit by two days
- 65 new COVID-19 cases, 1 more death in Meghalaya
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 20
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 20