Kohima: Urging the need to “discuss the most important issue” that the Naga society is presently faced with, the Nagaland government has called for a consultative meet on October 15 to discuss the Naga political issue.
All tribal hohos, mass-based organizations, civil societies, church organizations, political parties, NGOs, prominent persons and so on have been invited to deliberate on the ongoing peace talks between the Naga National Political Organizations and the Government of India.
An update from the DIPR informed that the Naga people have been crying out for peace and political solution, and the state government is of the view that ceasefire and negotiations between the Naga Political Organizations and the Government of India has been going on for more than two decades.
“The State Government feels that the political issue needs to be addressed with utmost urgency by all sections of the people in order to facilitate the early achievement of peace with all seriousness,” the government statement read.
The consultative Meeting is scheduled on the October 15 at 10:00 am at the State Banquet Hall of the Chief Minister’s Residential Complex in Kohima.
- Two Rohingyas detained outside Army camp in Jammu
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa
- Aizawl-Shillong among six air routes flagged off in NE
- Tripura TMC members gherao police station over attack on youth leader