The former governor of Nagaland, CBI director and ex-DGP of Himachal Pradesh Ashwani Kumar died by suicide on Wednesday, as per reports.
Kumar was sworn-in as the 17th Governor of Nagaland on March 21, 2013 at Kohima and he served the state till July 1, 2014.
Born on November 15, 1950, Kumar belongs to Nahan, District Sirmour of Himachal Pradesh.
He had completed his doctorate from the Himachal Pradesh University and did his PhD in management. He held a master’s degree in business administration with a specialisation in human resources management.
Ashwani Kumar joined the Indian Police Service in 1973 and was allotted to the Himachal Pradesh cadre.
In July 2008, after serving as DGP (Himachal Pradesh) for two years, Ashwani Kumar was appointed by the Government of India to the post of Director CBI and retired from the post of Director CBI in November 2010.
- Alert in Assam over threats from ISI, al-Qaeda
- Sikkim: Physical classes for students from LKG to standard 8 resumed
- Two Rohingyas detained outside Army camp in Jammu
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa