Aizawl: At least 20 people, including 8 security personnel, tested positive for novel coronavirus in Mizoram in the last 24 hours, taking the state’s tally to 2,148, a health department official said.
Of the 20 fresh cases, 9 cases were reported from Aizawl district, 8 from Lunglei district and one case each was reported from Serchhip, Saitual and Lawngtlai districts, the official said.
He said that the new patients included 14 males and 6 females.
7 Assam Rifles personnel, 1 Border Security Force (BSF) jawan and a 2-month-old infant are among the newly infected patients, he said.
Of the 20 patients, 16 people, including 7 Assam Rifles personnel have no travel history while the rest 4 have returned from other states.
He said that only one patient has developed symptoms of Covid-19 and the rest 19 were asymptomatic.
According to health department, there are 261 active cases in the state while a total of 1,887 people have already recovered from the virus. The recovery rate is 87.85%.
As many as 84,882 samples have been tested till date.
- Take CAA back or exempt Assam, Tripura & Meghalaya: TIPRA Chairman
- WATCH: Arunachal toddlers consoling fellow mate will melt your heart
- Nagaland logs 14 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Bad weather prompts Naidu to postpone Sikkim visit by two days
- 65 new COVID-19 cases, 1 more death in Meghalaya
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 20