The Bombay High Court on Wednesday granted bail to actor Rhea Chakraborty in the case registered by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in connection with Sushant Singh Rajput’s suicide case. However, the court rejected the bail applications of her brother, Showik Chakraborty.
The Court has allowed Rhea’s bail on furnishing a bond of Rs 1 lakh and other conditions. Her lawyer, Satish Maneshinde requested for 1 month to furnish bail bond, which was was allowed by the court.
Further, she will mark her presence at the nearest police station every 10 days after she receieves bail. She has also been restricted from leaving the country without prior permission from the court and asked to deposit her passport with the Special Court.
Also, if Rhea has to leave out of Greater Mumbai, she will have to inform the investigating officer.
She was arrested on September 8 and had been under custody ever since.
The single bench of Justice Sarang V Kotwal has also granted bail to Rajput’s aides Dipesh Sawant and Samuel Miranda, upon furnishing a bond of Rs 50,000 each. Their passports have also been impounded.
Meanwhile her brother Showik and another accused in the case, Abdul Parihar, will continue to remain in jail.
The court rejected Additional Solicitor General Anil Singh’s request for a stay on the order for a period of one week for the purpose of filing appeal.
Rhea Chakraborty and the others have been accused of facilitating procurement of drugs for consumption by late actor Sushant Singh Rajput.
- Arunachal Pradesh COVID-19 death toll rises to 274
- 28,326 new COVID infections recorded in India, total tally at 3,36,52,745
- Meghalaya: Two minor girls kidnapped, rescued from Assam
- Centre to soon announce new cooperative policy: Amit Shah
- CBIC makes Aadhaar authentication mandatory for claiming GST refund
- Assam govt seeks Centre’s help in popularising traditional weaves