Guwahati: Assam recorded 18 COVID-19 fatalities on Tuesday, including a 1 year-6 month-old baby. The infant, Amina Parbin hailing from Barpeta district, is most likely the youngest patient to succumb to the virus.
Taking to Twitter, Assam health minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma wrote “My prayers to God to provide all bereaved families & friends with enough strength to bear the pain.”
Among the deceased, the youngest is Parbina, the 1.5-year-old, and the oldest are 72-year-old Ranjit Kumar Das from Kamrup Metro, and Siddique Hussain from Dhubri.
Assam has so far recorded 1,88,902 cases of COVID-19 infections, of which 1,55,074 have been discharged, 33.047 are active cases, 778 has passed away and 3 people have migrated to other states.
- Won’t hesitate to seek foreign help for relief: PM Deuba on Nepal floods
- Rajinikanth receives Dada Saheb Phalke award
- Kashmiri, UP, Bihar students scuffle at Punjab college after India-Pak match
- After historic high vs India, Pakistan seek revenge on New Zealand
- Meet Manipur’s Sister Christina, who administered 15,000 vaccine doses
- Nagaland Lottery October 25: Check Dear Ganga Morning lottery result