Agartala: At least three persons were killed, while four others were injured as lightning struck them during thunderstorms in Maharani area under Udaipur sub-division here on Monday.
Speaking with reporters, locals said that a group of daily workers were working in a construction site beside a lake, when lightning struck seven of them. Later, they were rushed to Gomati district hospital.
“Seven persons were brought in the hospital by their relative, while three persons were declared death on arrival. The preliminary investigation suggests the deaths to have caused due to electrocution which is lightening”, an on-duty doctor told reporters.
The deceased persons were identified as Oman Ali (35), Malu Miah (56) and Amjad Miah (45), while four others were admitted with critical condition.
The Gomati district magistrate Dr TK Debnath said, “It is a tragic mishap. I do convey my sincere condolence and consolation to the bereaved families. Action as per Disaster management act to provide financial assistance to the affected families/persons will be taken shortly.”
The district magistrate and Udaipur sub-divisional magistrate Anirudhya Roy visited the district hospital to take stock of the situation.
The SDM informed that the kin of those killed would get Rs 4 lakh each and those injured would get assistance from the ADRF Fund.
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19
- Madras High Court stays certain sub-clauses of new IT Rules
- Virat Kohli will step down as T20 Captain after World Cup In Dubai
- US, UK, Australia launch new trilateral Indo-Pacific alliance to counter China
- Farmers suffering, govt is nowhere, say Meghalaya MLAs