World No. 1 Novak Djokovic displayed an impressive performance on Monday, as he beat Karen Khachanov 6-4, 6-3, 6-3 and reached the quarter-finals on Parisian Clay for the 11th consecutive year.
Djokovic did not allow Khachanov to get into an aggressive rhythm right from the beginning, as he hit 44 winners against 31 from Khachanov. Djokovic faced a slight hiccup in the third set, when Djokovic used a drop shot to gain an early break, but Khachanov got back on serve when the Serbian pushed a backhand to the net, but other than that Djokovic never really looked back.
Djokovic finally hit a big forehand to clinch victory and advance into the quarter-finals.
This is the second consecutive edition when Djokovic has reached the quarter-finals without dropping a set. Overall he has accomplished the feat three times in his 16 appearances.
Djokovic will now play Pablo Carreno Busta for a spot in the semi-finals.
Meanwhile the other matches of the French Open on October 5 2020 are as follows-
Fourth round: Philipe-Chatrier
G Dimitrov – 3 69 2
S Tsitsipas – 6 711 6
Fourth round: Suzanne-Lengleh
M Fucsovics – 75 5 4 63
A Rublev – 64 7 6 77
- India’s border policy changed for good after Modi became PM: Pema Khandu
- Arunachal CM Khandu lauds Indian Army at India-Tibet border
- India criticises China for new land border law
- Nagaland: Dobashis ask CM to constitute customary courts
- Pegasus snooping row: Press freedom important pillar of democracy, says SC
- Washington orders Chinese phone carrier out of US market