Guwahati: Prime accused in Assam police sub inspector (unarmed) recruitment exam, former deputy inspector general (DIG) PK Dutta has been arrested from Kakarbhitta area along Indo-Nepal border in the wee hours on Tuesday, sources say.
As per reports, Dutta was arrested while he was on his way to Assam along with his son-in-law. He has now been kept at Panitanki area, reports claim.
Sources also state that Dutta’s son-in-law and son are also with him while he was arrested. Sources also say, he is currently under interrogation at the immigration center in the border.
According to reports, sleuths of CID have been tracking the whereabouts of former Assam Police DIG for the last three days in Nepal which led to the arrest on Tuesday.
Dutta had been on run since the cash-for-jobs scam was unveiled after reports of exam paper leak surface within minutes of convening the exam on September 20.
Another accused in the case, suspended BJP leader Diban Deka is currently under judicial custody after his surrender on October 1.
As per reports a total of 11 accused persons have been arrested by the Nalbari Police in connection with the case in addition to CID arresting 10 more individuals.
- Sikkim: Physical classes for students from LKG to standard 8 resumed
- Two Rohingyas detained outside Army camp in Jammu
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa
- Aizawl-Shillong among six air routes flagged off in NE