Guwahati: Prime accused in the Assam SI recruitment exam paper leak case and suspended BJP leader, Diban Deka, has been sent for another six days of judicial custody as ordered by the chief judicial magistrate court in Guwahati on Tuesday evening, according to reports.
As per sources, crime branch had requested to keep Deka for seven days under custody pertaining threat to his life. However, the court has extended the custody by another six days.
Diban Deka was being interrogated by additional director general of police (ADGP), law and order, GP Singh and deputy commissioner of police (DCP), crime, Barun Purkayastha, sources say.
Diban Deka surrendered before Assam Police at Patacharkuchi area of Bajali district of state on October 1. Deka had earlier stated his association with the company responsible for conducting the examination for Assam Police. He also alleged that some of the senior-level officers are involved in the scam.
In another significant development to the case, former deputy inspector general (DIG) of Assam PK Dutta, who is considered to be one of the chief conspirators, has been arrested from Kakarbhitta area along Indo-Nepal border in the wee hours on Tuesday, sources say.
As per reports, Dutta was arrested while he was on his way to Assam along with his son-in-law. He has now been kept at Panitanki area, reports claim.
- Meghalaya organisation writes to CM, urges action on fuel prices
- Russia’s daily Covid-19 death toll passes 1,000
- Man arrested for selling church property worth more than Rs 50 crore
- Watch: What made this Assam teacher bow down before students?
- Singhu border lynching: Victim’s family says he was ‘god-fearing’
- NE records 4- 5°C higher than usual, weather likely to improve in next 24 hrs