Aizawl: More than 85% of Covid-19 patients in Mizoram have recovered from the virus, a health department official said.
The official said that a total of 1,807 Covid-19 patients have recovered from the virus till Sunday, which is 85.24 per cent of the total 2,120 reported Covid-19 cases in the state.
He said that no fresh Covid-19 case was reported on Monday morning.
According to the official, altogether, 82,667 samples have been tested till Sunday evening out of which 2,120 have come out as positive for Covid-19, including 17 fresh cases reported on Sunday.
He said that 41.09 per cent of the infected patients were state residents while the rest 58.91 per cent were non-state residents, who came from other states.
71.79 per cent of Covid-19 positive patients have travel history while local transmission cases have accounted to 28.21 per cent.
Of the total 2,120 Covid-19 patients, 39.19 per cent are among personnel of paramilitary forces and Indian Army, 8.72 per cent are truck drivers, engaged in transportation of commodities from other states and the remaining 52.07 per cent are civilian people.
Mizoram on Sunday reported 17 fresh Covid-19 cases, taking the state’s tally to 2,120.
12 Border Security Force (BSF) jawans and one Indian Air Force personnel were among the newly infected people, according to health department.
Meanwhile, state health minister Dr R Lalthangliana appealed to the people not to neglect their health and to maintain safety protocols to prevent further spread of Covid-19.
He said that the rising local transmission cases in Aizawl could somehow be curtailed due to good discipline maintained by the residents during lockdown in Aizawl city area.
Lalthangliana also said that a Viral Research Diagnostic Laboratory (VRDL) will soon be installed at Zoram Medical College (ZMC), the state’s lone medical college located at Falkawn village about 16 km from Aizawl.
He said that the laboratory is expected to be functional by later this year.
- Assam reports 384 new COVID cases, 4 more fatalities
- In Shillong, black flags and black balloons mark protest against fuel price hike
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 22
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for October 22
- Assam: Protests against govt’s proposal to fell 5,000 trees for four-lane project
- Actor Ananya Panday appears before NCB for second day