Imphal: COVID-19 deaths count in Manipur has reached to 74 on Sunday with three more patients succumbed to the disease, while 206 new coronavirus cases were detected, taking the total positive cases to 11,855.
As per the latest health bulletin, two female, aged 74 and 54 years, from Imphal West and Kakching were declared dead at RIMS Hospital, whereas a 94-year-old man from Tamenglong district was expired due to COVID-19.
From the new cases, 200 persons are from the general population with no travel history and six personnel from the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF), said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
The positive cases from the general population are from Imphal West (76), Imphal East (55), Thoubal (18), Senapati (4), Jiribam (3), Tengnoupal (3), Kangpokpi (6), Churachandpur (4), Noney (13), Chandel (3), Kakching (4), Bishnupur (6) and Tamenglong (5).
As on October 4, a total of 9,205 infected persons with COVID-19 have recovered, including 124 new cured cases in the last 24 hours.
However, as many as 2,576 cases remained active, in which 2,252 from the general population and 324 security personnel.
- Dabur withdraws gender-inclusive ‘Karwa Chauth’ Ad after controversy
- Assam: 20-year old nabbed after ‘girlfriend’s’ nudes go viral
- Japan’s Princess Mako and ‘commoner’ Kei Komuro tie the knot
- Mizoram revises sample test protocols
- Elderly couple found murdered in Guwahati home
- Has NASA discovered the first exoplanet outside Milky Way?