Barcelona dropped their first points in the La Liga this season, as they played out a hard fought 1-1 draw against Sevilla FC at Camp Nou on Sunday.
It was an exciting start to the game as both the sides scored within the first 10 mins, with Luuk de Jong striking for Sevilla in the eight minute ahead of Philipe Coutinho, who scored an equaliser just two minutes later for Barcelona.
After the two early goals, there wasn’t much fireworks in the game as both the teams looked tired going into the second half. Barcelona played their second half rather disappointingly, as they did not show a lot of creativity, especially in the final third with a few ugly passing mistakes in the midfield, leading to Sevilla counter attacks. Even in the first half, Antoine Griezmann missed out on a good chance to give Barca a lead before half-time.
Also Read: Match fixing haunts IPL again?
As the match went into the final 10 minutes, a draw was pretty much on the cards at Camp Nou, which eventually was the result at the end.
“We knew this would be a really difficult game and so it proved, Sevilla are an excellent team and they played very well, they flooded the midfield and we struggled to cope with that but at least we earned a point,” Coutinho said in the post match interview.
Barcelona 1 – 1 Sevilla
Luuk de Jong 8’
Philipe Coutinho 10’
- Assam swimmer breaks 12-year national record in 100m butterfly
- Manipur celebrates Mera Houchongba, marks day of solidarity
- Meghalaya by-polls: Independent Esron Marweiñ says farmers his top priority
- NEIPDA calls for 48-hr petrol pump closure in Guwahati
- Flood: Central team visits Assam to assess damages; state seeks funds
- Priyanka Gandhi stopped by UP police from going to Agra, taken to police lines