Guwahati: Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal distributed land pattas to 1 lakh landless indigenous families in Majuli on Monday.
The chief minister reiterated BJP government’s commitment towards “Jati, Maati, Bheti”.
Meanwhile, finance minister Himanta Biswa Sarma distributed land pattas in Jorhat. Taking to Twitter, he wrote, “Today in Jorhat, distributed Land Pattas to people. This year GoA has distributed 2819 Periodic Pattas & 2195 Allotment Certificates, making total distribution more than the balance target.
Across Assam, more than 1 Lakh Pattas have been distributed so far.”
While Sonowal highlighted the various welfare schemes undertaken by the state government for the indigenous communities, Sarma said that the government has not only undertaken developmental schemes, but also worked towards preservation of the identity and culture of the indigenous people.
- 7 Manipur footballers make it to national team for Asian Cup 2022
- 31 candidates in fray for by-poll to 5 Assembly seats in Assam
- Meghalaya organisation writes to CM, urges action on fuel prices
- Russia’s daily Covid-19 death toll passes 1,000
- Man arrested for selling church property worth more than Rs 50 crore
- Watch: What made this Assam teacher bow down before students?