Kohima: A suspected drug peddler has been arrested from Wokha district by the Assam rifles (AR) and the Nagaland Police on Saturday. Different cases of liquor bottles, 13 packets of cocaine/heroin were recovered.
The recovered items amounted to Rs 57,280 approximately, as per an official update by PRO IGAR (N) Col Sanjiv Sethi on Sunday morning. He informed that the operation was conducted as part of the ongoing crackdown by Security Forces to prevent illegal activities in Nagaland.
The alleged drug peddler was held from general area Tsumang A Colony, Wokha. The operation was launched based on specific intelligence regarding illegal activities in general area Tsumang A Colony, Wokha, following which the security forces along with the state police apprehended one person.
Although details of the arrested person was not disclosed, it informed that the apprehended person along with recovered items was handed over to Wokha Police Station for further investigation.
- Arunachal: Traffic wardens call for protest on August 9
- International Beer Day: Lesser-known Indian beers you should try!
- MP govt announces Rs 1 cr reward for Hockey players Vivek Sagar, Nilakanta Sharma
- Ready to cook and bake with beer? Here are some of our favourite recipes
- Watch: Meghalaya children fall sick after eating ice cream
- Develop ALGs to start fixed-wing flight services in Arunachal: CM to Centre