Indian Premier League franchise Chennai Super Kings suffered massive blows ahead of the 2020 edition of the Indian Premier League, as two of their experienced player pulled out of the tournament due to personal reasons.
CSK’s star middle order batsman, Suresh Raina, who joined the team in CSK’s one-week training and conditioning camp, returned from the UAE, after 13 members of the CSK contingent tested positive for the novel coronavirus. Meanwhile former India veteran off-spinner Harbhajan Singh decided against joining the team ahead of their departure to the UAE and eventually decided to pull out from the 2020 edition of the tournament.
The decision of Raina and Harbhajan to skip IPL 2020, might now see them losing their IPL contracts with the Chennai Super Kings. If reports are to be believed, the Chennai Super Kings has started the process to terminate the duo’s contracts. It is to be noted that, the franchise had already removed their names form their official website last week.
With the BCCI planning to cancel the mega-auction for the IPL next year, it would be very interesting to see the future of Suresh Raina and Harbhajan Singh for the IPL 2021. However, franchises might be keen to buy the players through a ‘smaller auction’ and Raina will be a strong contender for a massive price tag.
Suresh Raina was retained by CSK for a whopping 11 crore while Harbhajan had joined the franchise for 2 crore in 2018
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali
- Manipur: Police seize arms, ammunition & drugs worth Rs 40 lakh
- Mary Kom to skip National Women’s Boxing Championships
- NESFB Guwahati has 133 vacancies. Details here
- Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim sentenced to life
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 18