Indian Premier League franchise Chennai Super Kings suffered massive blows ahead of the 2020 edition of the Indian Premier League, as two of their experienced player pulled out of the tournament due to personal reasons.
CSK’s star middle order batsman, Suresh Raina, who joined the team in CSK’s one-week training and conditioning camp, returned from the UAE, after 13 members of the CSK contingent tested positive for the novel coronavirus. Meanwhile former India veteran off-spinner Harbhajan Singh decided against joining the team ahead of their departure to the UAE and eventually decided to pull out from the 2020 edition of the tournament.
The decision of Raina and Harbhajan to skip IPL 2020, might now see them losing their IPL contracts with the Chennai Super Kings. If reports are to be believed, the Chennai Super Kings has started the process to terminate the duo’s contracts. It is to be noted that, the franchise had already removed their names form their official website last week.
With the BCCI planning to cancel the mega-auction for the IPL next year, it would be very interesting to see the future of Suresh Raina and Harbhajan Singh for the IPL 2021. However, franchises might be keen to buy the players through a ‘smaller auction’ and Raina will be a strong contender for a massive price tag.
Suresh Raina was retained by CSK for a whopping 11 crore while Harbhajan had joined the franchise for 2 crore in 2018
- Rang Ghar will be promoted to place it on world tourism map: Assam CM
- Tripura 2023: Left to leave ‘few more’ seats to Congress
- Meghalaya 2023: Cong will win 10 seats in Garo Hills, says Deborah Marak
- Himanta to accompany Tripura CM for filing nomination in Assembly polls
- Tripura 2023: Protests rock BJP as workers quit over denied tickets
- Acts of terrorism under control in Assam: DGP-designate