Guwahati: All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) have institutionally announced its decision to join hands with the Congress party for contesting Assam assembly polls in 2021.
AIUDF chief Badruddin Ajmal has given the nod to form a coalition with the Assam congress unit to spearhead a political front ahead of the upcoming state elections next year, as per reports. The AIUDF leadership took the decision at their core committee meeting that was held on Saturday.
AIUDF spokesperson further conveyed the party’s interest to join forces with “like-minded, secular political parties” while addressing the media. ” We have discussed in detail so that AIUDF, Congress, left and newly formed political parties of the region to come together to form a grand alliance for the polls,” he said.
“Every organisation, politcal party that have opposed Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) should unite to dismantle the BJP government” he added.
The decision of the merger comes a day after Akhil Gogoi-led Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti announced the formation of a new political outfit, named “Raijor Dal” which would renowned personalities of the such as leading intellectual Hiren Gohain, filmmaker of international repute Jahnu Barua and music composer JP Das.
Earlier in September, the All Assam Students Union (AASU) and Asom Jatiyabadi Yuba-Chatra Parishad (AJYCP) in a bid to acquire political power in the state in the ensuing Assam assembly polls floated a new political party “Asom Jatiya Parishad”.
After the formation of Asom Gana Parishad (AGP), 35 years later AASU has decided to come up with another political front and hence creating a new narrative for possible political scenarios and alliances ahead of upcoming assembly elections.
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 23
- Court postpones hearing on rape accused Sahil Zaroo’s bail plea
- Assam horror: Watch photographer trample ‘dead’ man amid Sipajhar eviction drive
- Vaccinated pregnant women pass high level of antibodies to babies: Study
- Maha: Girl gangraped over months; 33 booked, 2 minors among 26 held so far