Imphal: Manipur has recorded 128 new infected cases of coronavirus and one more victim in the last 24 hours. With this, the total positive cases and the death toll of COVID-19 are 11,111 and 68, respectively.
The latest COVID-19 victim was reported from Thoubal district with a 50-year-old man who was undergoing treatment at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) Hospital succumbed to the virus, as per the latest health department bulletin.
Of the 128 fresh cases registered on Thursday, 112 persons are from the general population and 12 personnel from the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF).
Only seven persons who tested positive with the virus are returnees while the remaining are locals without significant travel history. They are being shifted to COVID-19 care facilities, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
Meanwhile, the cumulative number of recovered persons from COVID-19 has increased to 8,641 with 181 more patients were declared cured and discharged. However, 2,402 cases remained active cases, as per the official statement.
- No COVID death in Assam for first time since second wave struck
- Odisha teacher kidnapping case: Charred body of suspected victim found; key accused held
- Experts explain what is causing heavy rains in Uttarakhand, Kerala
- Sheikh Hasina orders immediate action against those who incited violence using religion
- VHP stages protest in West Bengal, Assam over attacks on minorities in Bangladesh
- Northeast to be developed as India’s bio-economic hub: Jitendra Singh