Senapati: On the occasion of the Gandhi Jayanti, people in large numbers residing at Senapati district participated at the mass social work in line with the National Cleanliness Day on Friday. Likewise, BJP Phungyar mandal organised a cleanliness drive in Kamjong district, and distributed hand gloves, mask and cash at various places to commemorate the occasion.
The social work was organised by the Barak Heritage Foundation in collaboration with the Town Committee, Senapati District Students’ Association (SDSA), Indian Red Cross Society and the police department.
The mass social work was carried out under the theme ‘Keep your Town clean and green’ with an aim to preserve the rivers and eco systems in the district.
The Barak Heritage Foundation, a conglomeration organisation of the five major tribes of Senapati district namely Mao, Maram, Poumai, Thangal and Zeliangrong, is committed to preserve the bounteous gift of the Mother Nature and give thanks to the Almighty God for his infinite goodness, said one of the organisers.
The cleanliness drive was started from 6 am to 9 am and volunteers cleaned the main town at a stretch of 1km.
- Meghalaya CM says load-shedding will continue, but things will improve soon
- Arunachal: East Kameng police solves ATM robbery case, arrests culprit
- BJP-TIPRA clash on TTAADC budget in Tripura Assembly
- Dimapur-Kohima railway line project work on in full swing: NFR
- Steel slag road technology a boon to BRO: Niti Aayog member
- Mamata urges Prez Murmu to protect Constitutional rights of people