Kohima: Altogether 123 fresh cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Nagaland on Wednesday taking the state’s tally to 6,163. Among the new cases, 67 are security personnel, 47 are persons through traced contacts and nine are returnees.
As per district-wise distribution of the new COVID-19 cases, 68 cases are from Mon, 37 are from Dimapur, 16 are from Kohima, and two are from Tuensang.
Among the security personnel, 57 are from Mon, seven are from Kohima, and three are from Dimapur. Out of the traced contacts, 30 are from Dimapur, nine are from Mon and eight are from Kohima. Among the returnees, four are from Dimapur, two each are from Mon and Tuensang, and one is from Kohima.
Out of the new cases that tested positive, 109 were declared as positive for COVID-19 through RT-PCR, 11 were through Truenat and three through rapid antigen test.
With this, the COVID-19 status in Nagaland as on Wednesday is:
As per the severity of symptoms among the active cases, 1,038 are asymptomatic, 33 are mild symptomatic, and four are moderate symptomatic.
Besides the twelve confirmed COVID-19 deaths, another five deaths are COVID-19 but not due to COVID-19 and another five deaths are under investigation.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands