Aizawl: At least 28 people, including 23 security personnel, have tested positive for novel coronavirus in Mizoram in the last 48 hours, taking the state’s tally to 1,986, an official said.
Altogether 14 fresh cases were reported from Aizawl district, 11 from Serchhip district, 2 from Lunglei district and one case was reported from Champhai district, the official said.
Fifteen Border Security Force (BSF) jawans, 7 Assam Rifles personnel and one Assam Regiment personnel, a state resident who have returned from Assam are among the new patients, he said.
Three people from two neighbourhoods of Aizawl have no travel history and contracted the virus through contact of positive patients while the remaining 25 patients, including 23 security personnel have returned from Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Meghalaya, Uttar Pradesh, Manipur, West Bengal, Assam, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Karnataka and Rajasthan.
All the newly infected patients are asymptomatic, the official said.
There are 410 active cases in the state while 1,576 people have already recovered.
Altogether, 76,976 samples have been tested till Tuesday evening, according to health department.
- Two Rohingyas detained outside Army camp in Jammu
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa
- Aizawl-Shillong among six air routes flagged off in NE
- Tripura TMC members gherao police station over attack on youth leader