Shillong: Meghalaya Governor Satya Pal Malik administered the oath of office to two newly inducted ministers of Meghalaya Democratic Alliance at Raj Bhavan here on Thursday.
Hill State People’s Democratic Party (HSPDP) MLA Renikton L Tongkhar has now replaced former PHE minister Samlin Malngiang while NPP MLA Dasakhiat Lamare replaces Comingone Ymbon.
Concerning the portfolio, Meghalaya chief minister Conrad Sangma informed that the reshuffle of the portfolios of the ministers was on the cards.
Sangma said that the letter has already been sent to the Governor and the details will be out soon.
When asked about the Cabinet reshuffle, Sangma said that it was a decision taken with due consultation with the MLAs since the formation of the State government and they stuck to it.
“This was a decision and agreement when we had formed the government. So during that period there was a lot of discussion because we had to build up a coalition with 6 parties so therefore it was difficult to accommodate a lot of people and we were trying to figure out how to move forward. It was then that discussion took place and there was general understanding especially when it came to the HSPDP between Samlin and Renikton and there was an understanding between Dasakhiat and Comingone. So it was a basic understanding and happened at my level, therefore we stuck to our decision,” informed Sangma.
- Take CAA back or exempt Assam, Tripura & Meghalaya: TIPRA Chairman
- WATCH: Arunachal toddlers consoling fellow mate will melt your heart
- Nagaland logs 14 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Bad weather prompts Naidu to postpone Sikkim visit by two days
- 65 new COVID-19 cases, 1 more death in Meghalaya
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 20