Shillong: With the Meghalaya Democratic Alliance (MDA) completing two and half years in the state, the alliance will now have a Cabinet reshuffle.
The Hill State People’s Democratic Party (HSPDP) MLA and PHE minister Samlin Malngiang will now be replaced by Mawkyrwat MLA Renikton Tongkhar. While NPP MLA and minister of Fisheries and Public Work Department Comingone Ymbon will be replaced by Dasakhiat Lamare, who is a first time legislator from Mawhati.
Malngiang who had earlier rubbished such claims of Cabinet reshuffle has now confirmed that he has handed over the responsibility to Tongkhar on Thursday.
Concerning Malngiang wanting more time to complete his duties, he said, “Adjustments have been made and time didn’t allow me however it’s not a problem.”
He also clarified that the reshuffle will not create any differences among them.
While Ymbon has said that it is the prerogative of the chief minister and that he would abide by it.
Meanwhile, the swearing-in ceremony of the two new Members of Council of Ministers of Meghalaya will be held on Thursday evening at Raj Bhavan Durbar Hall in Shillong.
- Nagaland: 33% women reservation in Urban Local Bodies elections likely
- Soccer: Barcelona boots out coach Ronald Koeman
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 28
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 28
- India test-fires Agni-V missile, flexes muscle in front of China
- 57 new bank branches in Assam by March 2022: Union minister