After gracing the screens of Germany in the IndoGerman Filmweek, Assam-based actor Adil Hussain was honored with the Best Actor Award in the same in Berlin on Wednesday night.
Ace actor Hussain won the title for his powerful performance in the film Pareeksha and Nirvana Inn The Film.
A Prakash Jha-directed film, Pareeksha takes on the subject of Indian education, its systems, and its shortcomings. The film portrays the issue of the class divide and hardships of life in Indian education.
The film weaves through topics as such which required in-depth handling and it did not disappoint us, viewers. Showcasing the inherently flawed system where not everyone gets equal opportunities, the film captured the hearts of many. The actor’s role of the rickshaw puller is played with conviction which can only be expected from an actor of his caliber.
Sharing the news on his Tweet, Hussain wrote, “Thrilled to have received the Best Actor Award for the role of Buchchi Paswan in Pareeksha @Pareeksha2020 at the #IndoGermanFilmWeek in Berlin last night. Thank You for this recognition. I share this Award with dearest @prakashjha27. And of course with the entire team.”
The actor has starred in various Hollywood, Norwegian and French films including Assamese, Hindi, Tamil, Marathi, Bengali, and Malayalam. He is a recipient of the National Film Award- Special Jury Award for his 2017 movie “Hotel Salvation” and Amanda Award for Best Actor in 2018 movie “What Will People Say.”
- 3 lakh doses of intranasal Covid vax sent to hospitals: Bharat Biotech
- Musharraf, architect of 1999 Kargil war, leaves behind contentious legacy
- 2,278 arrested in 3 days in Assam’s child marriage crackdown
- Engineer on field trip rediscovers moth lost for 150 years in Arunachal
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Two JAC members attacked at rally in Sikkim’s Melli
- NF Railway clocks 9 pc jump in freight unloading in FY’24