In a gut-wrenching incident, a 24-year-old man was arrested in Rudraprayag district in Uttarakhand for allegedly letting his friend to physically assaults his 22-year-old wife in lieu of Rs 10,000. According to police officials, the accused friend is absconding.
According to the officials, the woman in her complaint informed the police that her husband had come home drunk for three days straight from September 19 to 20. The complaint also added that he used to argue with her when she objected.
On the ill-fated day of September 22, her husband had come home again drunk but this time with a friend and then proceeded to commit the heinous act in the house said the police official. He added that the woman had said her husband was present during the entire time and only later did she know that it was in exchange for Rs 10,000.
Based on the complaint made by the woman a case was immediately registered under relevant sections of the IPC and investigations are also underway added to the superintendent of police, Navneet Singh.
Singh also added that the police had arrested her husband on Tuesday and also produced him before the local court which later sent him to jail. While the investigation is still ongoing to nab his absconding friend.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing