Kohima: Weeks after an illegal bottling plant was busted in 7th mile Dimapur, the Assam Rifles and the Nagaland police busted another illegal bottling plant in 5th Mile, Dimapur.
PRO IGAR (N) informed that 65 cases of rum and 9,000 empty bottles of rum amounting to a total of Rs 3.35 lakh approximately has been recovered.
It informed that the bottling plant was used for adulterating Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) before distributing it illegally to the local population. One person was apprehended from the site of the bottling plant on Monday.
The individual along with the recovered items has been handed over to Diphupar Police Station. The operation was part of the ongoing crackdown by Security Forces to prevent illegal activities in Nagaland.
More images from the illegal bottling plant are below:
- India’s border policy changed for good after Modi became PM: Pema Khandu
- Arunachal CM Khandu lauds Indian Army at India-Tibet border
- India criticises China for new land border law
- Nagaland: Dobashis ask CM to constitute customary courts
- Pegasus snooping row: Press freedom important pillar of democracy, says SC
- Washington orders Chinese phone carrier out of US market